Sunday 6 July 2014

LNLO show recap.

Today was the very last day of super exciting Love Natural Love Organic event. As well as meeting up with lovely Katie (Katie Vibes), Mayah (Call it Vanity) and Tania (Bow Tied Beauty), I spent the day chatting with creators of some great brands and sampling yummy food. Mr RF was the designated bag carrier ( I give him extra props for being uber patient).

The event took place in the Grand hall of London Olympia, and was divided into three sections: Free from, Vitality, LNLO. Obviously my main interest was the natural beauty stalls but a few food stalls also caught my eye.

Even though I only spent about £20, my bag was full of goodies that I am looking forward to trying out.

What I spent my money on:

Beauty.



I simply had to get Neal's Yard remedies to roll the Energy version. I somehow managed to loose the one I had and I simply can not survive without it (cutting down on coffee and all that). I was tempted to get the travel one, but sensibility is my motto nowadays.

I also treated myself to a pot of Rhassoul clay. This has to be my favourite clay, you can use it on your face, body and hair. The ultimate multitasker. It can be a bit tricky to find a reputable seller for this stuff and it is always pricey, so I took advantage of the show discount.


Food.



I simply could not resist the exotic fruit on offer. I got a fresh coconut to drink, a tamarillo and a fruit that begins with an m ( I can not remember for the life of me what it is, and this was the one seller that I did not ask for a leaflet, so silly of me).

I also got a Banana breakfast cup cake/bread type thing from Ruby's, it was absolutely scrumptious.

Samples and freebies:

There were lots of people walking around giving out samples of things, as I was waiting for the girls, someone came up to me and gave me a jar of Seville orange marmalade. In this case a picture is worth a thousand words so here are all the goodies that I picked up.



The highlights of the show for me were Bathing Beauty, Lyons Leaf and Kris D'Amour.

Bathing Beauty. A few months prior, George (the founder) kindly gave an online consultation and I have purchased some of the products that she recommended. What I thought of them will have to be a secret for a little while longer as I am currently working on the review.



 I was really looking forward to meeting her and this was the first place I went to. I loved the way she organised her stall and George even brought some flower pots from her garden, to demonstrate that she grows a few of her own ingredients. I am really looking forward to sampling more of her line.

Lyons Leaf. I have not tried anything from this line before, but some of the products did really well in the Free From awards on Friday, I simply had to check them out.







Behind the company is a dynamic husband and wife duo, who are really passionate about what they do. They have a working farm, with really awesome looking sheep, they grow their own calendula (marigold), the star in a few of their products, and I hear they are looking to incorporate some other plants that they grow into the future products. The range is waterless as they want to avoid the use of preservatives. I am really looking forward to trying Lyons Leaf and super excited for what they come up with next. Maybe even something for the other half (shhh you did not hear it from me).

Kris D'amour. The stall looked fantastic and a few products were created specifically for the event ahead of the launch. We really got to test out some brand new, previously unseen treats. Everything smelled fantastic. I was too busy chatting and completely forgot to take pictures of the stall. But I left with a range of sample goodies to try and a full sized product to review (which I am totally keeping a under wraps until I am ready).

The whole experience was fantastic, I am glad I had an opportunity to walk around with the girls and now I can not wait for the #FieldTripTour.


12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic time. I really wish I could have gone x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a really good day! Hopefully next year ;) xx

      Delete
  2. I highly recommend Lyonsleaf, I think they are by far the most interesting company I discovered last year, I love their products & I'm thrilled they won in the awards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed chatting with them, products sound really good, super greatful for the opportunity to try them out! xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had fun - sorry I didnt get a chance to say hello...you & Mayah were talking to a brand owner whilst I quickly said hello to Tania & Katie and then myself and my sister ran off to get some food after a really long journey haha and then I didn't see you again! Looking forward to meeting you properly on Saturday though!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we just missed eachother! I was pretty beat as I was there from 10.00, but it was lots of fun. Really can not wait till Saturday, also really looking forward to meeting you :) xx

      Delete
  4. It was so lovely to meet you! I am very excited to hear your thoughts on that secret Kris D'Amour product, it did sound pretty amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at ya! I was pretty excited about it so used it in the evening, will report on Saturday :) xx

      Delete
  5. Is it a mangosteen? I wish there's a green beauty expo like that here in the US, or more specifically, in Boston!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thank you it was driving me crazy that I could not remember! Ah I would have thought you guys had something similar, a shame that you don't, would be awesome if you came to London though ;)

      Delete
  6. Wow, a mangosteen? Sounds crazy - although I have to admit I'm not sure I even know what a tamarillo is either! Love that you just got handed a pot of marmalade :) Sounds like it was good fun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamarillo is a very yummy fruit that isn't as sweet as others but has a very fresh and unique taste, it is supposed to be a relative of tomato, but unlike with tomatoes you can not eat the skin, you need to scoop out the flesh. This was the first time I came across a mangosteen, the inside was a little similar to lychee but not quiet the same. With marmalade it was so random, yet awesome :) xx

      Delete